Providing regular massage to employees as part of a wellness package can reap great rewards for your business–resulting in increased productivity, job satisfaction, and overall health.
(*I also provide mobile chair massage for special events, conferences, and parties.)
SOME INTERESTING & RELEVANT FACTS:
* Based on information from the American Institute of Stress and the American Psychological Association, job stress and related problems cost companies an estimated $200 billion or more annually.
* Massage has been shown to reduce stress and blood pressure, relieve arthritis, improve joint and muscle aches, and even increase immunity to colds and flu…greatly reducing absenteeism.
* Lowering stress lowers both anxiety and hostility–improving the work environment for everyone; relaxed workers are more likely to cooperate with each other.
* A recent study in American Psychologist gave one group of workers a 15 minute rest, and another, a 15 minute massage. The group that received the massage performed significantly better on complicated tasks like math problems.
* Massage can play a very important role is preventing and treating the pain and numbness associated with carpal tunnel syndrome that often results from excessive keyboard and mouse use.